Request a Common House Reservation
The Common House (or parts thereof) may be rented out to residents, groups or individuals.
HOW TO RESERVE SPACE IN THE COMMON HOUSE:
1. Check Availability - See if the space you would like to reserve is available.
* Please Note: If there is a workshop or class booked in the multipurpose room, we will not be booking a party, or loud event on the main level because sound carries too easily through the floor. Please take note of all events on the calendar when you make your plans and requests.
2. Pay for your reservation in advance via the PayPal button below. You can find cost information here. If you are unsure of the amount you should pay for your rental, feel free to email us. Reservations cancelled less than 10 days before the beginning rental date will forfeit a fee of $50.
3. Submit a Reservation Request - To reserve the Common House, please complete the form at the bottom of this page after submitting your full payment online. Please be specific and include set-up and clean-up time. Your reservation is confirmed when you receive a response email AND see your event added to the calendar.
4. Publicize your Event - If you are a Nyland Resident, you can add your event to the 'Announcement Calendar' after receiving confirmation of the reservation. Also, you can post your event on both outside doors of the common house a few days beforehand.
IMPORTANT: Creating an event on the Nyland online calendar does NOT reserve the common house. Make sure you complete the form below, or you haven’t reserved space in the common house.
OTHER INFORMATION ON COMMON HOUSE RESERVATIONS - Rooms are typically reserved together by levels to prevent issues with noise or having people walk through your group to access another area.
Upper Level - (Meeting room and Meditation Room)
Main Level - (Dining Room and Kitchen and Fireplace and Kids' Room)
Lower Level - (Craft Room and Multipurpose Room)
Please Note that Common Meals take precedence from 3:00pm until 8:00pm on Mondays, on the main level.
Remember to CLEAN UP AFTER YOUR EVENT. We do not have a cleaning service.
BE SURE YOUR GUESTS ARE PARKING ALONG NYLAND WAY, NOT IN RESIDENT LOTS.
If you have any questions, please include them in your request. Thank you!
By submitting a reservation request, I acknowledge that I have read and agree to Nyland's Hold Harmless agreement.
Common House Reservation Request Form